PRENATAL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM
Physical Awakening is a Certified Yoga Alliance Prenatal Yoga School.
Physical Awakening Prenatal Yoga provides a comprehensive training program with an evolutionary and integrative approach that blends prenatal yoga with childbirth education, birth psychology, neuroscience, ecology, somatic yoga therapy, yoga nidra and holistic health. Join us as we explore and celebrate the inner and outer journey of pregnancy and childbirth through the Ancient and Modern wisdom of Yoga, Psychology and Alternative Health.
This unique program has been designed not just for yoga instructors but for birth , postpartum and health professionals who desire to begin or expand their career in prenatal yoga.
The 100 hr Certification is offered on the third Saturday and Sunday of each month over the course of six months.
50 hrs in class instruction
30 hrs observation (details to follow)
10 hrs teaching
10 hrs homework/assignments
During this program participants will learn:
- How to safely apply specific and appropriate techniques for each yoga level and stage of pregnancy, labor and postpartum.
- Specific Asana sequences for each stage of pregnancy with a focus on alignment, modifications and assists
- How to design and structure themes for sequences.
- How to work with and use music, sound and silence.
- How to work with a variety of techniques including pranayama, sound healing, meditation, chakra work, mantra, visualization, rituals, yoga nidra, pain coping options, stress management, emotional wellbeing, biology of beliefs, birth psychology, pre and post natal bonding, setting up a support system, working with family dynamics and community, handling and supporting grief/loss, preparing for a Greenbirth & Environment, preventing toxicity before, during, and after pregnancy, Partner Yoga, Postnatal sequences and themed classes for mom and baby.
- How to work with indoor and outdoor environments to support physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
- Holistic Childbirth Education including knowing all your options and resources, preparing for labor, understanding the labor process and stages, nutrition, sleep, newborn care basics, breastfeeding, preventative measure for postpartum depression and anxiety, support for grief/loss.
- Finding your voice, purpose, and presence in your pre/post natal teaching style.
- How to build your classes, build, strengthen and deepen relationships with your students.
- Personal and Professional Development, Self-care.
- And much more………
The full cost for the training and all materials is $1600 with an early bird price of $1500 if paid by December 31 2015.
Accommodations and meals are not provided.
Training Dates 2016
March 21st and 22nd
April 18th and 19th
May 16th and 17th
June 20th and 21st
July 18th and 19th
August 22nd and 23rd
10 School Street Plaza
Fairfax, CA 94930
About Your Instructors:
Mar Oscategui RYT 500, E-RYT 200, RPYT has been teaching classes and coaching individuals in the heath and fitness field since 1996 but her journey and love with Yoga began while attending a Core Integration Class in 2004 taught by Jill Miller, founder of Yoga Tune Up. Mar experienced an awakening and deep connection she had never felt before and began seeking more opportunities to continue nurturing what she had felt.Through her search Mar discovered Vipassana meditation and attended her first 10 day Vipassana retreat where she experienced another life changing moment. This led her, a few months later, toward participating in a one month journey to complete a 200 hr yoga teacher training at 7 Centers in Sedona, AZ. Shortly after that she launched her first holistic health business Physical Awakening.com. In 2008 Mar became a mother and was inspired by her daughter to create the International Maternity and Parenting Institute, represented in 36 countries around the world. Since Mar’s yoga journey began, she has participated in various yoga programs (yin yoga, prenatal yoga, mom and baby yoga, restorative yoga, chakra yoga, yoga nidra, ayurveda, spiritual warrior, yoga for mental health to name a few) and studied with many teachers. She completed a 90 hour Somatic Yoga Therapy Training Program with Janice Gates in 2013 and most recently completed a 300 hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training/Yoga Therapy Certification program with Purusha Yoga School in San Francisco. Mar considers yoga a profound medicine and looks forward to sharing this profound work with professionals interested in starting or expanding careers in prenatal yoga. To learn more about Mar’s yoga experience click here: https://www.yogaalliance.org/TeacherPublicProfile?tid=74155
More Instructors and Guests TBA